Thursday, February 7, 2013

101 Days Later

   It has been exactly 101 days since SSS hit. Tonight, we are bracing for a blizzard, predicted to wallop us with 8 to 14 inches of snow, depending where you live. The sleeplessness is back. The flashbacks have begun all over again. We are in mother nature's path of wrath, but I don't know why. Pray for a quick ending to the storm. Pray for the safety of the already devastated families. Pray for sanity in a time of despair.
    The gas lines have already started, for fear of dealing with the power outages and shortages still in our memories. Supermarket shelves are bare. People are taking no chances this time.
   As my husband and children sleep peacefully, I sit and write and worry. In the morning, I will go to work, bring my children to school and hope everyone makes it to their destinations safely. Tomorrow afternoon, I wil return home, charge my devices and make my home as comforting and safe for my family as I can.
   Let's hope that this blizzard,that the newscasters are calling Nemo, has less force, anger and destruction than Sandy did. Stay safe, people. Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment